Monday 7 November 2011

Easy as pie!

"Pity all newlyweds. She cooks something nice for him, and he brings her flowers, and they kiss and think: how easy marriage is." -- Mignon McLaughlin

I sense a bit of sarcasm from good 'ole Mignon here (don't worry....I had to look her up too) but isn't it really this simple?! 

okay....I get that a real relationship is more than just good food and some fancy flowers....they take work, I get it (trust me....I get it!)

BUT....

If you wake up each day thinking about what you could do to make your partner's life a little more easier...a little more special....isn't that all it takes to be happy?? As a soon-to-be blushing bride, I'd like to think so.

And who knows, maybe a little filet mignon (no pun intended) and a dozen red roses might just do the trick for you. If nothing else....it's a start.

The point is, most people talk about going 50/50. "I give 50% and so does he." But just imagine the possibilities if you both went the full 100%. Interesting thought huh?

I'm not saying it's easy (I'm not saying I follow it either) but it's a great concept. Ultimately, you have to make your own happy. And believe it or not, the quickest way to making your own happy.......is to make your own happy! 

It's just like Mignon says, "A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person."

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment