Thursday 10 November 2011

I shoes you!

"If God had wanted us to wear flat shoes, he wouldn't have invented Manolo Blahnik."
-- Alexandra Shulman

Ahhhh shoes! Where would we be without you!? 

There really is something special about a nice pair of strappy heels! They are so empowering! And sometimes you really just need that little extra bit of confidence those heels give you. 

Plus...you are never too fat to wear your favourite pair! They are the perfect accessory! Screw diamonds....shoes are a girl's best friend! Afterall, diamonds only link you to a man...a killer pair of heels helps you walk all over him! hahahaha

I, myself, am a self-proclaimed shoe fanatic. I have dozens of pairs: flats, pumps, wedges, strappy sandals, boots, and every other pair in-between. I have every color and style and even a couple of pairs of Prada and a Juicy Couture. I even belong to a shoe-of-the-month club (and have a high heel shaped tape dispenser on my desk). Obsessive...maybe. Happy...absolutely! Something about walking out in that new pair makes me grin from ear to ear.

My parents think I'm crazy. My friends are jealous. My fiancee just smiles and nods.

Others may think I'm superficial and wasteful but....everybody has their thing. Some people spend $4.95 a day on a Grande Caramel Macchiato. Me? I buy shoes.

And it just so happens that Manolo's are next on my list!


No comments:

Post a Comment