Sunday 6 November 2011

Flawed but not broken

"I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I'm out of control and at times I'm hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." -- Marilyn Monroe

This is one of the most powerful quotes for me. I once wrote something similar to this in an old livejournal post:

"Despite what you think, I am weak. I feel things fully. I fall hard and fast. I get caught up in the whirlwind I create for myself. It makes me crazy and neurotic. But it makes me passionate and vivacious too. It's where my confidence comes from and where it hides. It makes me smile that big smile I hate in pictures and causes me to sob so violently it's hard to breathe. It makes me run away too easily and refuse to leave all at the same time."

My emotional nature may seem like a fault at first glance but ultimately...it's part of who I am. And as much as it may suck to get caught up in that hysterical whirlwind, you just have to learn to enjoy the ride! 

Cheers to those who know who they are....flaws included....and are proud to embrace them.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment