Wednesday 16 November 2011

Karma

"Be friendly to everybody; protect yourself; people sometimes want a piece of you for no good reason; and always do things out of love, not fear." -- Rashida Jones

What great words to live by!! I wish it were as easy as it sounds. I find it incredibly difficult to control my emotions most days. 

Maybe it's the Scorpio inside me.

(Scorpios are the most intense, profound, powerful characters in the zodiac. Even when they appear self-controlled and calm there is a seething intensity of emotional energy under the placid exterior. They are like the volcano not far under the surface of a calm sea, it may burst into eruption at any moment.)

When I feel emotion I feel it hard. I'm either giddy with laughter, enraged with angry, sobbing with sorrow...there just doesn't seem to be any in-between. And there just doesn't seem to be any way to hide it! To say that I 'wear my heart on my sleeve' is the understatement of the year. I can snap out at people one minute and silently brood the next. But it seems like there is always a storm brewing!

It's always interesting to me to look at my view of the world. I've come to realize that I am a very trusting and even gullible person. I do my job well; am honest; work hard; live up to my commitments. And I naturally assume that others are as well. Unfortunately that's not always the case...and when I come face to face with those situations....I can't understand it! I get so angry.

But like Gloria says..."people sometimes want a piece of you for no good reason"...and sometimes you just gotta let that pass you by without trying to understand it. Karma is the key here (and who knows...if you're lucky enough...God may just let you watch! ) ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment