Sunday 6 November 2011

A New Frontier...

This is an experiment. A resolution perhaps. Yes, I realize it isn't January. But this is sort of related to the holidays.

You see, a few years back my Aunt gave me a 'women's wit' desk calendar for the holidays. It was only a mini sort of thing with a witty quote from a woman (see where they got that title?) written on each day of the week. As I flicked through the various days I began to chuckle at how many of the quotes related directly to experiences I've had. Some of them launched my mind to recall stories, and thoughts, and feelings I had nearly forgotten. Others made me think, question and dream. And still others simply made me laugh. So I have decided to start a journal-esque type project using these 'witty' quotes as a jumping off point.

Each day, I will copy a quote from the calendar and hope that it will inspire the jumblings inside my head and result in eloquence on the page!

Well....okay...maybe eloquence is not the right word but I hope for something honest and real and me (at least!).

And I'll be honest.....life tends to get in the way a lot so I doubt this will consistently be a daily activity. But I'll keep coming back....and who knows...maybe some days you'll get a double dose!

Sigh...this already feels like a place of refuge. This is a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment