Friday 11 November 2011

Know Thyself...

"[You have to] remember the value of your individuality, that you have something different to offer that no one else can." -- Jennifer Lopez

I don't even know where to start today. "...remember the value of your individuality..." 

Every now and then I hit a place where I'm not sure what that is. I don't mean that I think I don't have value....I just mean that it's easy to get caught up in the whirlwind of life and what everyone else expects of you. The best way to know who you are is to spend time with yourself and that is something that not many of us take time to do very often. 

With our busy lives and jam packed schedules it seems impossible to block away time to just chill and relax. Or to do those things that make us most happy. Or even healthy. 

When I think about my happiest moments, they usually involve me being engaged in activities that do just that...make me happy! They aren't those day to day things that I claim need to be done or tended to. They are those quiet moments spent reading a book, practicing yoga or curling up with my kitty. The quiet peace that comes from those activities frees me from the stresses of everyday life and makes me feel more in touch with me. 

That kind of centering is exactly what I'm in need of now. 

...

Nameste

No comments:

Post a Comment